This historical Firehouse built in 1888 has been restored and converted into a Museum and is now open to the public.
This Firehouse Museum is full of historical content ranging from photographs to uniforms to functioning apparatus. There is even a functioning alarm system that is demonstrated during planned tours and events.
The first floor features an 1850 hand pumper and a horse drawn steam fire truck. The second floor has a number of custom built display cases and a modular wall display system that allows for changes to exhibits. The second floor also features a large screen projection system with a vast inventory of historic photos and documents. The room can also be used for business meetings and educational presentations.
Hours of operation:
Open every Saturday 10-12pm
email directly for tours: Somervillefiremusuem@gmail.com